What you're going to do
Have you already gained some experience in software quality assurance? Are you now looking for a new challenge in an international and dynamic environment? Then we need to get in touch! In interdisciplinary project teams we develop complex software solutions for our clients. For our Market Unit Public Sector we are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (80–100%) to complement our team in Bern. In a diverse and agile team you will work on various projects for our clients in the Public Sector (e.g. federal government, cantos or federal companies). Together with the team, you are responsible for the end-to-end execution of your projects and for completing them successfully to our clients’ full satisfaction. In the role of Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be involved in the whole software engineering life cycle and will assume responsibility for all testing-related tasks, ranging from the creation of the test concept to the internal and external hand-over of the application. Furthermore, the following tasks await you:
- Reviewing and analyzing software requirements, user stories, and project documentation in order to understand the application and the client's needs
- Creating detailed and well-structured test plans
- Designing, executing and documenting test scenarios on all levels of functional and data-driven testing
- Identifying, analyzing and documenting test results and bugs
- Making sure that the products match our high quality standards by testing new functionalities, enhancements, bug-fixes, infrastructure changes, etc.
- Actively participating in all stages of the development cycle, cooperating with the client, product owners, software engineers, business analysts and fellow testers
- Analyzing and continuously improving test processes
- Conducting lessons learned with the team and the client
- Acting as a trustworthy advisor to the client for all their quality assurance and engineering needs
What we're looking for
- 3-5 years of experience as test engineer or quality assurance engineer
- A bachelor's or master's degree (ETH/university/university of applied sciences) in informatics or similar is a plus
- Certifications like ISTQB or a completed CAS in relevant topics are nice to have
- Experience in manual testing and automation
- Knowledge in agile project setups is desirable
- Used to working with tooling as well as Confluence, Jira and x-Ray
- Team player mentality, independent way of acting and initiative
- Very good command of German and good command of English
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 700 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.
For data privacy reasons, we only accept applications submitted via our online portal. Applications received by e-mail cannot be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
Adnovum accepts only direct applications. Any applications submitted by recruitment agencies without contractual agreement will be treated as direct applications.