What you’re going to do
As a Senior Software Tester, you will have full oversight of the software engineering process, from creating the test concept until the internal and external hand-over of the application. Your daily tasks will include but not limited to:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Conducting manual application tests and analyzing errors in close teamwork with the project members.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, requirement engineers and solution architects) to identify system requirements
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Review test cases and provides feedback how to improve the test-cases to members
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Perform strong test strategies
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
What we’re looking for
To master this job, you should have
- A university degree (BSc/MSc) or software testing certifications
- At least 5+ years of experience in manual testing
- Good knowledge in whole project life-cycle (analysis, implementation, testing, and go-live)
- Structured way of thinking, ability to work independently and accurately with high attention to details
- Good communication, entrepreneurial mindset and open personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in providing test case and test report to client is a plus
- ISTQB certification as a plus
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 630 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.
- project assignments according to your skill set and development goals.
- working side by side with highly skilled and experienced software engineers.
- collaboration with colleagues in Switzerland, Hungary, Portugal and Singapore.
- friendly working atmosphere in a well-equipped and professional IT environment.
- long-term and stable job with flexible working hours.
- a competitive salary plus a performance based bonus, a premium healthcare plan and free English classes.
For data privacy reasons, we only accept applications submitted via our online portal. Applications received by e-mail cannot be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
Adnovum accepts only direct applications. Any applications submitted by recruitment agencies without contractual agreement will be treated as direct applications.