What you're going to do
Our platform infrastructure team designs, builds and operates our application hosting infrastructure based on cloud technologies, and public cloud platforms. We are helping the company adopt cloud concepts, and making it as easy as possible for engineers to do so.
As a DevOps engineer, you are also a proficient engineer and use "infrastructure as code" techniques to help us build our next generation infrastructure and make it available to our business units. To ensure stable and smooth operation of the infrastructure, you will closely cooperate with colleagues from the other departments. You will work in an international team and leverage technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Prometheus, and Hyperscaler. The team follows the SAFe approach and organizes itself.
In your daily work you will
- clarify requirements, design, develop, integrate, test and deliver platform infrastructure components
- participate or take lead in new or changed designs, architectures, concepts and methods for our on-prem and cloud services
- engage in analysis, troubleshooting and system tuning
- foster DevOps principles, automation, continuous deployment and self-service capabilities
- ensure the system is designed for appropriate operability, availability, scalability, resiliency and security
- apply "site reliability engineering" principles in your daily work
- participate in an on-call rotation to ensure uninterrupted service
- conduct third-level-support for internal customers at normal working hours
What we're looking for
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related field
- interest in design, implementation and operation of cloud infrastructures, e.g based on Linux with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, VMWare, Azure, GCP
- experience in network technologies (configuration, implementation, firewall, switching/routing, vpn) and in virtualisation (VMware)
- experience with system configuration tools (Ansible, Terraform) and system monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios/CheckMK)
- at least 3 years of professional experience as an engineer
- good command of written and spoken English
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 630 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.
For data privacy reasons, we only accept applications submitted via our online portal. Applications received by e-mail cannot be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
Adnovum accepts only direct applications. Any applications submitted by recruitment agencies without contractual agreement will be treated as direct applications.