What you're going to do
One of your most important tasks is supporting colleagues in realizing their full career and performance potential. This positions offers you the possibility to support a local software development team as a local Project Manager, while you will manage a group of engineers.
Development Team Leads are responsible for a local development team in a project, consisting of developers, testers, and business analysts. Within the project they report to the Project Manager who delegates the implementation of the application to the Development Team Lead and their team. This achieves scalability of the project team, both in number of people and in terms of locations involved.
Besides your project related work you will also join our leadership program where you can learn all important aspects of people management at Adnovum. The Program starts after your first month at the company and takes cca 3 months depending on your development. A team of dedicated leadership mentors will help you along the way and provide you the opportunity to set up for success from the start.
After the successfully finished program you will get a people manager role - beside your project management tasks – and you will support a group of software engineers (from different project teams) with their career development.
Take up this challenge and join our international and continuously growing team!
Project related tasks
- Lead the implementation of the application according to the customer's requirements
- Act as the main contact person of their team towards the Project Manager and the customer
- Mitigate risks, clarify questions, eliminate impediments related to the implementation
- Organize the development team's work by assigning tasks to team members, setting deadlines and determining task priorities
- Decide the team's working mode (meetings, usage of tools, code reviews, etc.)
- Decide among technical/architectural options provided by Solution Architect and/or Application Architect
- Hold project feedback talks regularly
- Make sure that project team members have the right mix of challenging and interesting tasks to continuously grow in their role
- Drive and/or take part in knowledge sharing sessions within the organization
People Management Tasks
You will be responsible for empowering your team members through coaching, mentoring, feedbacks and career development.
From the first day onward you can expect
- a dedicated people manager to support you
- a dedicated project mentor to help your learning in
- frequent feedback for guidance and further development
After 1 month you will
- participate in the in-house leadership program designed for this role
- have our management handbook (toolkit for the role)
- work with leadership mentors
After cca 3 months (depending on your progress) you will
- take over a group of software engineers
- coach your team members to continuously develop themselves both personally and professionally
- ensure that your team members thrive in a safe and positive environment with the right mindset and attitude
- conduct regular career conversations and performance reviews with your team members
- make sure that your team members receive constructive feedback frequently
- keep up your team members' motivation
- be a member of our leadership community
- get support from a leadership mentor
- participate in recruitment (optional)
- play an active role in company-wide projects (optional)
What we're looking for
- experience in any kind of leadership role (technical/project/people management or mentoring)
- in-depth knowledge of software development projects
- solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- good communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- a university degree (MSc/BSc)
Nice to have
- knowledge and/or practical experience as a coaching type of leader
- experience in working in distributed teams
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 630 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.
For data privacy reasons, we only accept applications submitted via our online portal. Applications received by e-mail cannot be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
Adnovum accepts only direct applications. Any applications submitted by recruitment agencies without contractual agreement will be treated as direct applications.