What you're going to do
You understand the growing importance of making data-driven decisions and can use your expertise to advise our clients in this regard? Implementing data science projects is right up your alley? In addition, you already have in-depth experience in software development? Then join our interdisciplinary team in Bern! As a Data Engineer (m/f/d), you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyzing and developing innovative solution variants and checking their feasibility
- Developing applications in the area of data engineering, data science and machine learning
- Implementing complex requirements with a wide range of modern technologies such as Java, Spring, Angular, Python, TypeScript, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and Hadoop
- Developing (from scratch) and maintaining software components, functionality and interfaces in an agile environment
- Integrating the software solutions: deploying our solutions and merging them with our clients’ existing systems by using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, Azure and GCP
- Assisting in the design and adherence to a clean solution architecture
What we're looking for
- A bachelor's or master's degree (ETH/university of applied sciences/university) in informatics
- Several years of experience in software development using Java, Scala, Python or R
- Database knowledge (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration, unit testing and the DevOps principle
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- A keen interest in software development and modern technologies as well as in larger contexts of software projects
- You are determined, smart and committed, so that you convince us of your ideas when working in a team as well as when working independently
- Excellent command of German and English
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 630 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.
For data privacy reasons, we only accept applications submitted via our online portal. Applications received by e-mail cannot be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
Adnovum accepts only direct applications. Any applications submitted by recruitment agencies without contractual agreement will be treated as direct applications.