What you're going to do
We looking for new team leads for our software engineering groups. One of your most important tasks is supporting colleagues in realizing their full career and performance potential. To make sure that you also keep your technical knowledge up-to-date, your responsibility consists of two main areas: working on a customer project and managing a group of engineers.
You will start as a software engineer on a customer project and will also join our leadership program where you can learn all important aspects of people management. The Program starts after your first month at the company and takes 3-6 months depending on your development. A team of dedicated leadership mentors will help you along the way and provide you the opportunity to set up for success from the start.
After the successfully finished program you will get a people manager role - beside your technical tasks on a project – and you will support a group of software engineers (from different project teams) with their career development.
We are looking for you if you are
- a software engineer with management aspirations combined with some mentoring and/or technical leadership experience
- a current tech lead or a manager with development background who open to coding tasks and having a direct impact on project work
Why do we prefer you taking the lead role after a couple of months?
- you can get familiar with our project work, tech stack, processes, management style and company culture
- you get to know how to coach your team members (how to have meaningful 1:1s, set goals, evaluate performance, help define a career path, etc.)
- you can get a better understanding of the challenges time and task management, etc.
- you will be also prepared how to handle unforeseen challenges that may arise
Take up this challenge and join our international and continuously growing team!
As a software engineer you will work on custom-made solutions and have an overview about all aspects of software development. Even though you are an expert in an area you can widen your perspective by working on all layers of the software stack, or can move forward into technical or project leadership. We believe that developers with a solid basics of software development can handle any technical challenges by learning new technologies and being supported by trainings and great mentors. The wide range of clients, technologies and project roles provide you the opportunity for professional and personal growth.
About our project teams
- international project teams: Switzerland, Portugal, Hungary
- agile methodologies
- code reviews, pair-programming
- frequent project feedback
- current tech stack: Angular, React, REST, Java, Spring
In your daily work you will
- work on back-end or front-end (or both) depending on your preference
- develop effective solutions for complex business problems in various industries
- integrate new components and technologies into existing software systems and architectures
- participate in important project milestones; like estimation, releases, elaboration, etc.
- maintain and improve code quality (especially through code reviews)
- give and receive constructive feedback
- mentor junior colleagues
People Management Tasks
You will be responsible for empowering your team members through coaching, mentoring, feedbacks and career development.
From the first day onward you can expect
- a dedicated people manager to support you
- a dedicated project mentor to help your learning in
- frequent feedback for guidance and further development
After 1 month you will
- participate in the in-house leadership program designed for this role
- have our management handbook (toolkit for the role)
- work with leadership mentors
After 3-6 months (depending on your progress) you will
- take over a group of software engineers
- coach your team members to continuously develop themselves both personally and professionally
- ensure that your team members thrive in a safe and positive environment with the right mindset and attitude
- conduct regular career conversations and performance reviews with your team members
- make sure that your team members receive constructive feedback frequently
- keep up your team members' motivation
- be a member of our leadership community
- get support from a leadership mentor
- participate in recruitment (optional)
- play an active role in company-wide projects (optional)
What we're looking for
For this challenging position, you ideally have
- some experience in any kind of leadership role (technical/project/people management or mentoring)
- solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- ability to collaborate seamlessly and effectively with team members and potentially with the client
- good communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- a university degree (MSc/BSc)
Nice to have
- knowledge and/or practical experience as a coaching type of leader
- experience in working in distributed teams
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 700 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.