What you're going to do
One of your most important tasks is supporting colleagues in realizing their full career and performance potential. your responsibility consists of two main areas: working on a customer project and managing a group of engineers.
You will start on a customer project and will also join our leadership program where you can learn all important aspects of people management at AdNovum. The Program starts after your first month at the company and takes cca 3 months depending on your development. A team of dedicated leadership mentors will help you along the way and provide you the opportunity to set up for success from the start.
After the successfully finished program you will get a people manager role - beside your technical tasks on a project – and you will support a group of software engineers (from different project teams) with their career development.
Take up this challenge and join our international and continuously growing team!
This is your chance to work on tailor-made solutions and have an overview about all aspects of software development. Even though you are an expert in an area you can widen your perspective by working on all layers of the software stack, or can move forward into technical or project leadership. The wide range of clients, technologies and project roles provide you the opportunity for professional and personal growth. You can try various roles on the projects: developer, development team lead, lead developer, etc. depending on your skills and interest.
About our project teams
- international project teams: Switzerland, Portugal, Hungary
- agile methodologies
- code reviews, pair-programming
- frequent project feedback
- current tech stack: Angular, React, REST, Java, Spring
People Management Tasks
You will be responsible for empowering your team members through coaching, mentoring, feedbacks and career development.
From the first day onward you can expect
- a dedicated people manager to support you
- a dedicated project mentor to help your learning in
- frequent feedback for guidance and further development
After 1 month you will
- participate in the in-house leadership program designed for this role
- have our management handbook (toolkit for the role)
- work with leadership mentors
After cca 3 months (depending on your progress) you will
- take over a group of software engineers
- coach your team members to continuously develop themselves both personally and professionally
- ensure that your team members thrive in a safe and positive environment with the right mindset and attitude
- conduct regular career conversations and performance reviews with your team members
- make sure that your team members receive constructive feedback frequently
- keep up your team members' motivation
- be a member of our leadership community
- get support from a leadership mentor
- participate in recruitment (optional)
- play an active role in company-wide projects (optional)
What we're looking for
For this challenging position, you ideally have
- experience in any kind of leadership role (technical/project/people management or mentoring)
- solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- good communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- a university degree (MSc/BSc)
Nice to have
- knowledge and/or practical experience as a coaching type of leader
- experience in working in distributed teams
Sharp minds, good vibes
We are the sharp-minded IT experts who tackle the trickiest software and security challenges. With more than 700 employees in our locations in Zurich (HQ), Bern, Lausanne, Budapest, Lisbon, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we make the digital business of our clients work.
As a great team, we empower each other to share, grow and succeed. The unique Adnovum spirit across locations stands for helping each other at any time, having an open door and contributing to an appreciating and trustful atmosphere. We always enjoy having a laugh, a coffee or a drink together!
Apart from our unique «one Adnovum» spirit, we offer a solution-oriented engineering culture with flat hierarchies, which gives you the opportunity to contribute with your opinions and ideas. We embrace flexible working, like the possibility to work part-time and a hybrid work model. Your continuous education and development are key to us. Therefore, we actively encourage and support individual training opportunities.
For data privacy reasons, we only accept applications submitted via our online portal. Applications received by e-mail cannot be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
Adnovum accepts only direct applications. Any applications submitted by recruitment agencies without contractual agreement will be treated as direct applications.